Lakeview Behavioral Health’s adolescent intensive outpatient program (IOP) is for individuals in need of short-term help stabalizing mental health symptoms. Our IOP offers a variety of process group therapies to help adolescents regain control of their lives.
What Is Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment?
- For patients needing less daily structure
- Reside at home
- Programming 3 days per week
- 3 hours per day
What Happens Once a Patient Admits?
- All patients will undergo a thorough assessment to ensure we develop the best treatment plan and the right adolescent program.
- If your adolescent feels comfortable with less structure and less frequent therapy but is still not ready for a traditional outpatient therapy schedule, then IOP could be a good fit. Our IOP program is also a good choice for young adults who need short-term help stabilizing their symptoms or resolving extremely disturbing problems which can be resolved in a short period of time.
What Is Offered In The Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program?
Our IOP program offers more frequent treatment that is offered in the traditional outpatient therapy setting but meets fewer days per week for fewer hours than our PHP program. Depending on the needs of each adolescent, their time may include the following:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
What Is The Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Program's Schedule?
Our IOP program provides the least restrictive level of care offered at Lakeview. Individuals participate in 2-3 groups daily, Monday through Friday during the hours between 9:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m until 8:30 p.m in the evening.
Will You Coordinate Treatment With My Teen’s School?
We aim to be flexible in our treatment times to best accommodate your family’s schedule. Our staff will work with the school to provide the proper documentation for compliance.
What Happens After Adolescent Intensive Outpatient Treatment?
- Our team will work to develop comprehensive discharge and/or continuing care plans. These will ensure each adult leaves IOP with access to crucial recovery resources and professional referrals.
- If the need is determined to step up to inpatient care or to partial-hospitalization care, our team at Lakeview will see through that transition.